Luxury Hotel Holidays is an independent tour operator, part of the Travel Network Group, with a programme of luxury hotels in Europe, including the islands of the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, Egypt’s Red Sea Riviera, Arabian Gulf states and the Indian Ocean islands of Sri Lanka and the Maldives. As an independent company we are not obliged to sell certain airlines or hotels, but only recommend them on merit. All holidays are fully ATOL PROTECTED.
Our experienced staff are able to give you a personal account of the hotels and resorts we offer and help you make you holidays choice. Again in resort our staff are there to ensure a memorable holiday. The holidays are tailored to meet your exact requirements, the hotel, the resort, holiday duration, and airport of departure.
The hotels in the programme have been selected for their quality and the high standard of service they can provide. We use some of the worlds best known groups such as Hyatt and Four Seasons, the Melia and Riu chains of Spain and Small Luxury Hotels of the World. If you chose either the larger international hotels or the smaller luxury hotels you can be assured of the high standards of service provided.
During the booking process you will be offered the choice of booking hotel shuttle transfers or private car transfers or neither as you require.
1. Scheduled airlines. Most of our holidays mostly include scheduled flights of British Airways from Gatwick and Heathrow airports, with the renowned Club Class available on all flights
2. Charter airlines From other regional airports we include charter flights from the Uk's premier charter carrier Monarch Airlines
3. Low Cost airlines Most of our clients book late and are not necessarily available to take a 7 or 14 night holiday. They often want on odd duration and therefore need to use a carrier with daily departures. The scheduled carriers have daily departures from the major airports but the so called ‘Low Cost’ airlines such as Easyjet and Flybe have daily departures from other airports such as Bristol, Birmingham, Exeter, Luton, East Midlands and Stansted to many popular destination around the Mediterranean . Daily flights and local departure airports do make the Low Cost airlines a worthwhile option.
We are developing a programme of ‘Luxury Spa’ holidays which will include the finest hotels with the best Spa facilities that offer the best selection of treatments available.
"Your Financial Protection When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong." “We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).” “If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.”
At the time of Booking you will receive an individual ATOL Certificate, this will give you ATOL Protection until the end of your holiday.
This business is a member of the Travel Trust Association and is backed up by the Trust Account. The TTA scheme provides 100% protection for the consumer and is backed by fidelity insurance guaranteeing up to £11,000 per passenger with AIG ( Europe ) Ltd. For further details on the TTA please call 0870-889577
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
The following Conditions of Booking together with the General and Flight Information contained in this website form the basis of your contract with Luxury Hotel Holidays Ltd. In these Conditions of Booking "you" and "your" means the first named person on the Booking Form.” We", "us", "our" and “the company” means Luxury Hotel Holidays.
Bookings are accepted subject to the following conditions by the issue of confirmation letter to you or your travel agent. Your contract will be with Luxury Hotel Holidays Ltd, . The contract for the holiday comes into force on the date of issue of the written confirmation. These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with the company, which contract is governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, unless you choose to go to Arbitration under one of the schemes mentioned below.
Luxury Hotel Holidays contacts all suppliers hotels, transfers etc in Sterling, so the changing value of the £ does not affect the price you pay for your holiday
No Surcharge Guarantee
("Please see "Booking your Holiday" in General Information"). The balance shown on the invoice must be received by this company or one of our authorised travel agents not less than 12 weeks prior to departure. If we do not receive all payments due (including any surcharge where applicable) in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case the cancellation charges set out below will be payable by you. If you book through one of our authorised travel agents, all monies you pay to that agent for your holiday will be held by him on our behalf until they are paid to us or refunded to you.
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your holiday once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing at our offices. As we incur costs from the time we confirm your booking and may be unable to resell your holiday, the following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling, excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges. Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of the person(s) to whom they apply, cancelling. Equally if you fail to pay the Holiday Balance by the required date, then the holiday will be cancelled and the same cancellation charges will be applied.
Period before departure within which written notification of cancellation received by us:-
More than 98 days (14 weeks): Loss of Deposit
29-98 days: 60%
1-28 days: 100%
No refunds can be made for cancellations on or after the date of departure. Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
TRANSFER OF BOOKING
You may substitute party member(s) or transfer your entire booking to other people (introduced by you) without paying cancellation charges providing the following requirements are met. You must notify us of the substitution or transfer in writing not less than 14 days before departure giving full details of the replacement passenger(s). The replacement person(s) must comply with all conditions applicable to the arrangements. All costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers as a result, together with an amendment fee of £50.00 must be paid before the transfer can be affected. NB: Airlines charge up to 100% cancellation charges for name changes. In periods of high occupancy hotels may not accept the transfer of a booking to a substitute person(s).
All holiday arrangements and hotel facilities are published in good faith. There may however be occasions, beyond the control of the company when certain facilities are withdrawn e.g. maintenance of facilities or prevailing weather conditions resulting in the temporary closure of the pool. Most hotels in our programme have organised certain entertainment such as barbecues and live music, again we have advertised these entertainments accurately and in good faith at the time of going to press. Luxury Hotel Holidays will not be held responsible if for any reason these facilities are withdrawn. No compensation is payable in the event of such withdrawal of facilities.
TRAVEL DELAY BENEFITS
On occasions there may be travel delays over which the company has no control and subsequently cannot be held liable. However, it is a requirement that all clients take adequate insurance cover to cover for any delays. Our reservation can quote for insurance.
We want you to have an entirely satisfactory and enjoyable holiday, however we do appreciate that occasionally something can go wrong. If in the unlikely event you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform our representative (telephone number provided) and the supplier(s) in question. The complaint must be made in writing by requesting and completing a Complaint Form. This Form should be given to your representative who will endeavour to rectify the situation immediately. If the complaint specifically involves the accommodation you are staying in you must also request and complete a Hotel Complaint Form. This document is in triplicate. You should keep one copy and give the other copies to the hotel that will keep one and send a copy to the local Tourist Office for immediate investigation. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to us within 28 days of termination of the holiday giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. We will investigate your complaint and forward a report to you. For all complaints and claims which do not involve personal injury, illness or death, we regret we cannot accept any liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
Disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract that cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration under the Travel Industries Arbitration Services special scheme. The scheme (details on request) provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on the customer in respect of costs. The scheme does not apply to claims for an amount greater than £1,500 per person or £7,500 per booking form, nor to claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequences of such injury or illness.
Prices advertised in the price section are based on £'s per person including the flight content. Children's prices are generally a reduction of 10 - 50% depending on the child sharing with two full fare-paying adults. Infants (under two years) at the time of travel including the return flight do not have an aircraft seat.
(1) We accept responsibility if any of the services which we have agreed to provide for you as part of our contract with you prove deficient or not of a reasonable standard. We also accept responsibility for what our agents, suppliers and sub contractors do or do not do (providing they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us) except where death, personal injury or illness results (dealt with separately below). This acceptance of responsibility is however subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions.
(2) We accept responsibility should you or any member of your party suffer death, personal injury or illness as a result of any failure to perform or improper performance of any part of our contract with you by any of our employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors (providing they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us) except in the following situations. We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to
(a) The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or
(b) Those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
(c) An event which either ourselves or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have been foreseen or avoided even with due care.
(3) We limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you or any members(s) of your party for any and all claims or parts of claims that do not involve personal injury, illness or death. Except where loss of and/or damage to luggage or personal possessions is concerned or a lower limitation of liability applies to the claim, the maximum amount we will have to pay you or any member(s) of your party for such non personal injury claims if we are found liable to you the person(s) concerned on any basis is twice the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and the person(s) concerned have not received any benefit at all from the holiday.
(4) Any person(s) to whom any payment is made (and their parent or guardian if that person is under the age of 18) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party in connection with the claim. You must provide our insurers and ourselves with all assistance we may reasonably require.
(5) Please note we cannot accept liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description which (a) on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen would be suffered or incurred if we breached our contract with you or (b) did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally, we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any transport services (including the process of getting on and off the transport) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum we will have to pay you in respect of that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you the person(s) concerned on any basis is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention (e.g. Athens Convention for international travel by sea, Warsaw Convention as amended and/or EU regulation on air carrier liability for international travel by air and Paris Convention for hotel keepers) in that situation. Copies of the relevant parts of these Conventions are available on request. You must give credit for all payments received from any carrier, insurance or other supplier.
(7) We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by "force majeure" (compensation or expenses when disruption is caused by government action or government departments or EU). In the Booking Conditions "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, actions taken by government or government departments, fire and all such events outside our control.
(8) If you of any member of your party suffer illness, injury or death by misadventure as a result of an activity which does not form part of your contracted holiday arrangements, we will provide you with all reasonable assistance. This assistance may include our making a contribution towards your initial legal costs in taking action against the person(s) responsible providing you request this within 90 days of the incident in question. All assistance (financial or otherwise) is subject to our reasonable discretion and a maximum total cost to ourselves of £5,000 per booking form. If you are entitled to have any costs or expenses arising from such an incident met by or from an insurance policy or if you obtain a costs order against anyone in relation to the incident, you must repay to expenses and us the costs we spend in assisting you.
HOLIDAY AMENDMENT BY YOU
Once the booking form has been confirmed by the Company, any subsequent amendment by the client will be subject to a charge of £50 per person together with any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. We cannot guarantee we will be able to meet requests for changes although we will endeavour to assist. A change of departure date will be treated as a cancellation.
HOLIDAY AMENDMENT BY US
As holiday arrangements are made many months in advance, we must reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in the brochure and holiday details both before and after your booking has been confirmed. Most changes will be minor ones. Occasionally the company has to make significant changes. A significant change is one made before departure that materially affects your confirmed arrangements (on the basis of the information we have). Such changes will include a change of accommodation to that of a lower classification for the whole or a major part of the time you were confirmed to stay in the confirmed accommodation, a change of resort area, a change of departure airport (except between the four London area airports) or a change of a flight departure time by more than 12 hours (major change). In the event of a significant change we will advise you as soon as possible and offer you, if there is time to do so before departure the choice of:
(a) Accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) Selecting another available holiday from us (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or
(c) Cancelling your holiday and obtaining a refund of all monies paid to us for a change of more than 12 hours (major change) or cancelling your holiday with loss of deposit for a change of less than 12 hours (minor change)
In the case of a significant change, we will in addition pay you compensation as set out below subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
No compensation is payable in respect of minor changes:-
Days before departure Compensation
More than 56 days Nil
15 - 56 days £10.00
14 days or less £50.00
In all cases our liability for significant changes are limited to offering you the above-mentioned options and where applicable, the compensation payments. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change.
HOLIDAY CANCELLATION BY US
The company reserves the right to cancel your holiday at any time up to the date when your final balance becomes payable. After this date, we will only cancel the holiday if we are forced to do so as a result of circumstances outside our control including but not limited to those described in clause (7) under "Our Responsibility" above.
If we cancel your confirmed holiday, we tell you as soon as possible. If your holiday is cancelled for any reason other than your failure to pay then, if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you a choice of the following options: -
a). Purchasing a suitable alternative holiday from us if available (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or
b). Receiving a full and prompt refund of all monies paid to us.
If we have to cancel your confirmed holiday on or after the date the balance of the holiday cost must be paid, we will in addition pay you compensation in accordance with and limited to the scale appearing under the preceding paragraph subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. No compensation will be payable if we cancel as a result of your failure to make all payments due in full and on time. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any cancellation. No compensation is payable where we cancel more than 10 weeks before departure.
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" (see clause (7) under "Our Responsibility" above) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers) pay any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you or any member(s) of your party incur as a result.
In the event of a hurricane, snowstorm, ash cloud or other weather event causing the cancellation of flights, as an ATOL licensed Tour Operator we commit to the following:- Departing the UK: If your flight is cancelled due to the closure of airspace because of ash we will over you a full refund to be made within 24 hours or a change of departure date with no extra charge.
Returning to the UK. If your return flight is delayed we will ensure you are accommodated for the period concerned. Please pay the bill locally and keep the receipts to claim on your insurance once back in the UK.
It is a requirement for all clients to take out full and adequate insurance prior to booking any holiday. Ensure that minimum cover includes: Cancellation Illness prior to departure Illness overseas Loss or damage to baggage Flight delay Flight cancellation
1. If in the reasonable opinion of our staff, a hotel manager, his servants or agents, an airline pilot or other person(s) in authority, the behaviour of a client is such that it is likely to cause damage, distress, danger or annoyance to other clients, staff or to property, we reserve the right to terminate the holiday arrangements of the client without notice. If a client is prevented from boarding an aircraft, because in the opinion of a person in authority they are unfit to travel and likely to cause danger or disturbance, we reserve the right to cease responsibility for the client. Full cancellation charges will apply and we will be under no obligation whatsoever for any refund, compensation or costs involved.
All EU citizens need to be in possession of a valid Passport.
1. Many countries however require only a valid passport for the duration of your stay. Among these are: Kenya, Tanzania, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Malta and USA.
2. Other countries enforce a 3-month passport validity rule. These include: Cambodia, Denmark, Fiji, Switzerland, South Africa, New Zealand, Croatia and Turkey
3. Some countries have a strict 6-month passport validity rule in place. If your passport expires within 6 months of your date of arrival you will be turned away at immigration, if not before at your departure airport. These include: Egypt, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai), Brazil, Ecuador, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Paraguay, Tunisia, Romania, Singapore
Turkey: The Turkish Consulate has advised that the stamp / sticker visa on arrival will be abolished from April 10, 2014 and will be completely replaced by the e-visa application process. All visitors to Turkey from April 11, 2014 will be required to purchase their entry visa via the Turkish Government website www.evisa.gov.tr prior to travel.
EU passport holders will need to purchase a Visa on arrival in Egypt Hurghada, Luxor and Marsa Alam (£15 cash). No visa is required for visitors to Egypt Sharm el Sheikh.
All non-EU passport holders must check if a visa is required with the relevant local embassy.